Thursday, October 06, 2005

UKSEDS, Here I Go!

Every year SciSys, the company I work for, attends the annual EUKSEDS event in London - UK Students for the Exploration and Development of Space. It's basically a weekend of lectures, presentations, demonstrations, social events mostly for university students who possibly want to work in the space field as a career, but also for anyone who might have an interest in space. SciSys, as well as other UK space companies such as VEGA, Logica, SSTL, Astrium, etc, have an exhibition stand there for recruitment purposes (yes, for more rocket scientists, Stephanie! ;D), and also usually give a talk.

This year, the young Andy Smith, whom I've had the pleasure of working with and who is really fun, was asked to do this year's Scisys presentation on the work done by "us" (SciSys) on the Aurora Project. Since each company is allowed to have 2 people at the conference, Andy emailed me today asking if I would like to accompany him! Obviously, I accepted, quite excitedly! =D

I had nothing to do with the work done on the Aurora and know next to nothing about it, but, nevertheless, I offered to help him with the presentation or, if he prefers, to do a joint presentation (with the condition that he answers all the questions! hehe). Also, the presentation has to be really interesting cos, apparently, the person talking before us is an astronaut! Its going to be hard to beat that! But I think a wee space-themed strip-tease to the sound of The Final Countdown by Europe would do the trick! What do you think? I reckon that'll beat the astronaut's talk! (even if for all the wrong reasons! hehe)

Regardless, this is going to be awesome, cos I've never been to any of these and it will give me a chance to possibly make some interesting and well-placed acquaintances! Plus, in the evening we are free to indulge in the many pleasures and wonders available in the Royal City of London! Also, will possibly have a chance to see some of my London friends! You know who you are! =D

Just noticed there is a big gig at the Carling Brixton Academy on the evening of the 13th, Sunday, the Taste of Chaos Tour, featuring Funeral For a Friend (woo hoo!), The Used (wicked website, have a look!), Killswitch Engage(woo hoo!x2), Story of the Year, Rise Against and Bleed The Dream. If you don't know these bands, but are curious, have a look at their website. Most have their music playing in the website! Rock On, Baby! =D

The UKSEDS is going to be on the weekend of the 12th and 13th of November. I'm really looking foward to it! It's going to be blast! And, once I'm back, I will let you know all about it!

Stay beautiful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home