Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Rock On, Baby!!

For those that don't know this yet, I have started to put a band together, here in Bristol, with a very talented "kid" (he is 27) from Bristol! Not only is he very talented, but he is also an awesome dude, responsible, fun, reliable and "stable"! hehe

He contacted me through an add that I put up on the web and left me an email with his contact number and the address for his website where he had uploaded a few songs that he had written (you can find it on my links menu, under The Grigori). I listened to them and it blew me away! Not only was it exactly the type of stuff that I was wanting to do, but the quality of it was amazing. Right there and then I decided I had to be part of this somehow!

I contacted him and we met for a couple of drinks, just to get to know each other better. It was great! We are exactly on the same brainwave! We think a like, we want to do things the same way and we agree on every single step of the music creation, recording, production and performance. In other words, the perfect band member!

According to him, although he has no problem writing music (quite obvious if you have a listen to the tracks on the website) he has a lot of difficultly writing lyrics. So, we decided that, for the moment, I would write some lyrics for the songs he had composed already and then we'd see where things would go.

Well, I did the lyrics for 2 of the songs on the website ("The Wolves" and "Tear Drop Fell") and this Sunday, I went over to his house for us to lay down the lyrics on the tracks and see how things sounded!

Everything went really well! Firstly, I was really, REALLY impressed with the quality of the equipment he has on his "music room". Everything you need to record the songs and do production and editing of it, connected to a super-duper-2-screen computer that mixes and supplies extra editing solutions. Again, blew me away! Then, he and his fiancée (who is really cool too!) loved the lyrics and the way I sang them, which was really good, cos it would basically define whether we would continue working together or go our separate ways. They also made quite a few compliments to my voice and style which was a great and much needed ego-boost! =)

We laid down both tracks, recorded the guitaring for one of my songs and he showed me many other little riffs and pieces of music that he has written, for us to work on them!

We burned those 2 tracks plus another 10 pieces of songs on to a cd so that I can work on them at home. Once this is done, that will be 12 songs ready, i.e., a whole album! hehe

Im really, really excited about the way things are going and so is he! I cant wait to the next time we record stuff or just sit down together and do a bit of improvisation! I cant wait to get home and work on it some more!

I will keep posting the developments of this road to rock'n'roll stardom! hehe Even after I get rich and famous! hehe

Stay beautiful, everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home