Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Celebrity Status!

It's true! Lately, my still on going basketball career's development is soaring and has reached new heights and levels of popularity!

Yes, I now have celebrity status, thanks to the fantastic and "world-famous" (err... no, not really... =D) Salisbury Journal, which published an article a couple of weeks ago, where my name was mentioned as one of the four "newly signed" players for the Salisbury Suns! (No, I didnt sign any contract, nor am I paid for it - I wish!! - but that's the term they used on the newspaper! =D) Unfortunately, this article is not on their online version, but I shall get a scan of the original paper version and will post it here at a later stage.

But the story doesnt end here! :)
Last thursday, before the game, the reporters came to the court to get team pictures of the players and coach, and courtside pictures of the game, which are to be used in another article (will keep you posted on that, too)! Unfortunately, we lost that game (eventhough we should've won), but, nevertheless, I beat my own career high which had been attained just early December last, by getting several assists, 4 steals and 20 points, including 4 three-pointers!

And, THEN, last night, a mere 4 days later, I managed to break my career high yet AGAIN! I had a fantastic game, defended very well, got several steals and interceptions, but most of all, scored 21 points, including 3 three-point shots!

Basketball-wise, things have been going pretty well for me since last summer, but, this new year has just been absolutely amazing and the new year resolution (see previous post) of doing more exercise and eating better is making a difference already, for I am now able to run a whole game, recover quickly and I also feel a LOT faster than I was last year! I ain't stopping and I'm gonna keep improving! That's a promise! :D

So, stay tuned and watch this space for more ground breaking news of my not-so-famous but very exciting basketball world! :D

Stay beautiful!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You´re a star! :)

5:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home